Save the date and join the Canadian Netherlands Business and Professional Association (CNBPA) as we host our first event that focuses on Talent and Legal issues. Join your colleagues for drinks, appetizers, networking and a Fireside Chat with Lisa Stam, Founder of SpringLaw, a boutique employment law firm and Jason Peetsma, Managing Partner of Odgers Berndtson, a Global Talent Advisory firm, as they discuss everything you’d want to know about talent and legal issues.
- Leading edge talent acquisition strategies for companies, including some of the best AI technology in use today.
- Legal issues around hiring and firing. Know your rights and limits.
- The explosive growth of assessment technology and what you should know both as the employee and hiring manager.
- The new “Gig Economy” and the impact the future of work could have on your career and or business.
- Understand the impact new legislation could have on your next career opportunity or hire.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is looking for best practices in how to advance their career and get noticed.
- Business owners who want to know the best legal strategies for dealing with employment issues.
- Professionals who struggle with building a perfect resume and a LinkedIn profile.
- Business owners who struggle with acquiring top Talent in a competitive market and want a competitive edge.
We are also excited to announce that each person who registers for the event automatically qualifies to be entered to win one of four “Career Success” sessions sponsored by Odgers Berndston for students, mid-career, business professionals and c-suite executives. The estimated fair market value of the door prize ranges from $600 to $1200 dollars!!!
· Date: Wednesday April 18, 2018
· Time: 6:30-8:30pm
· Location: Verity – (Library Room) 111d Queen St. E. Toronto, Ontario
· Audience: 50 members and guests
A drink and food will be provided! Register now for this fun and energetic networking event:
Lisa Stam is the founder of SpringLaw, a virtual law firm advising exclusively on workplace legal issues for employers and executives. She practices all aspects of employment, labour, privacy, and human rights law, with a particular interest in legal issues arising from technology in the workplace. Lisa’s practice includes a wide range of entrepreneurs in the tech space, as well as global companies with smaller operations in Canada. She continues to represent both employers and executives. Lisa graduated from Dalhousie Law School, after completing an undergraduate degree in medieval history at the University of Toronto
Jason Peetsma is the Managing Partner at Odgers Berndtson. One of the largest executive recruitment and talent advisory firms in the World. Jason specializes in C-Suite and VP level talent-on-demand and is responsible for leading all aspects the company’s talent innovation for North America. Jason is an active member of Odgers Berndtson’s Private Equity, Consumer, Agriculture, Technology and search practices. With over a decade of talent acquisition experience, he has advised numerous organizations on how to attract and retain distinctly innovative and enduring leadership.
Event is free for CNBPA Members.
For any questions about registration and for final event details please email Sebastiaan Postma at email@example.com.
For information about joining the CNBPA, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cnbpa.ca
Not a CNBPA Members can still attend. There will be a registration fee of $25